REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN – LIMITED SPOTS LEFT!
Every four years, the Boy Scouts of America organizes the ultimate Scout experience, the National Jamboree! It is a National encampment that brings together over 30,000 Scouts and adult leaders from throughout the country, along with visiting Scouts from other parts of the world. It is the ultimate in Scouting experiences where you will be able to take part in mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, shooting, SCUBA and many, many more activities, while meeting Scouts from around the world.
The event will be held, Wednesday, July 21st, through Friday, July 30th, at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in Glen Jean, West Virginia. 2021 National Jamboree is planned to accommodate 32,000 Scouters from all different levels of scouting, including; Scouts BSA, Explorers, Venturers, and Sea Scouts. Experiencing many different high-adventure activities; such as, climbing, mountain biking, rappelling, and rafting.
Join us at the 2021 National Jamboree as part of the Rainbow Council contingent! Troops will be formed from Scouts across our council to experience this once-in-a-lifetime event!
Scouts attending must be a registered Scouts BSA or Venture Scout in Rainbow Council. Scouts must be at least 12 years old and First Class rank by the time of the contingent’s departure (approx July 20, 2021). All Scouts must be younger than 18 for the duration of the trip and Venture Scouts must be younger than 21 for the duration of the trip. Participants must:
- Be in good physical condition. A lot of physical activity and walking are required at the Jamboree.
- Be willing to be part of a group. Tasks will include setting up and tearing down the campsite, cooking, washing dishes, picking up food, and other campsite chores.
- Be able to participate in jamboree troop meetings and pre-jamboree training experiences.
- Submit a completed BSA health and medical record before the pre-jamboree training experience.
- Be approved by the Scout’s unit leader and the Council Jamboree Committee.
- Agree to Participant Statement of Understanding and Code of Conduct.
- Submit all registration fees by November 1, 2020.
Adults attending with the council’s contingent must be registered in Rainbow Council, interviewed by the Jamboree committee, and be approved by the Scout Executive prior to being able to register online. A limit of 4 adults (two age 21 or older and two age 18 or older) will be selected for each Jamboree troop that Rainbow Council will send.
Event Fee Details
$2050 per Scout (youth) $1250 per Adult
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are many costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Coach bus travel to and from The Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia
- Lodging and meals during travel
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, t-shirts, backpack, duffel bag, patches)
- National Jamboree event fee
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience
Fee Payment Schedule
|Payment Due Date||Payment Amount Due|
|INITIAL DEPOSIT||$250 Deposit (non-refundable)|
|May 1st, 2020||$250|
|July 1st, 2020||$400|
|September 1st, 2020||$250|
|November 1st, 2020||$250|
|January 1st, 2021||$250|
|March 1st, 2021||$400|
Note: Payments can be made through the online registration system (preferred) or can be paid in any of the Rainbow Council offices via US MAIL. Payments made via US Mail must be received by the due dates listed above. Payments made with credit or debit card incur a 3% surcharge.
Popcorn Fundraising: Scouts can utilize the Fall 2020 Popcorn Sale as an opportunity to earn money for the Jamboree.
Camp Cards: Scouts can use the funds from fundraising efforts made by selling camp cards.
The $250 deposit is non-refundable. 3% credit/debit card convenience fee is non-refundable. Expenses paid by Rainbow Council for registration, equipment, services, fees, transportation, or contracts entered into on behalf of a participant will not be refunded. If substitution for participation in the event has been secured by another participant, then a refund, less any fees/charges incurred and less a 10% administrative fee, will be made.